Accounting Clerk (Finance Associate)
ACCOUNTING CLERK | FOUR DAY WORKWEEK | HIRING UP TO $50,000
What will you be doing?
As our Accounting Clerk you will process accounts payable, research outstanding invoices, and respond to vendor inquiries using Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Microsoft Excel, all of which helps ensure the financial soundness of our Council. Every day, you will enter cash receipts and verify general ledger coding. You will also research, track, resolve and correct accounting errors using Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Microsoft Excel. At least monthly, you will process employee expense reimbursements, credit card summaries, and make journal entries. Annually, you will help with the financial audit by producing documentation and preparing confirmations and auditor-specified schedules. You will also maintain 1099-M documentation and perform annual 1099-M regulatory reports. To thrive in this role, you must have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills; knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn, fund accounting principles; and the ability to process large volumes of data and financial transactions quickly and accurately.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is part of a three-person finance team that includes an Accountant and Chief Financial Officer.
Who are we seeking?
- A candidate that excels at Microsoft Excel and systems like Abila MIP, Net Suite Blackbaud or Donor Perfect.
- An Accounting Clerk that takes pride in their accuracy and is detail oriented.
- Someone with excellent time management skills who can plan, organize, and prioritize work, to successfully meet multiple deadlines.
- An Accounting Clerk who possesses outstanding math and business writing skills, along with a working knowledge of fund accounting practices and principles.
- A tech-savvy candidate who is comfortable working at an organization that is transitioning to a paperless environment.
- An Accounting Clerk who has the ability to work independently within a collaborative environment.
What else will you need?
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Preference for degrees or coursework in accounting or business administration.
- Minimum of three years recent, relevant experience preferred.
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred.
- Fund accounting standard knowledge strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
What will you get?
The hiring range for this position is $42,712- $50,000.
This is a non-exempt, in-based, Accounting Clerk position located in our Lake Worth Headquarters. Office hours for our four-day workweek are Monday- Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. with a half hour lunch; occasional evening and weekend hours may be needed during certain times of the year and advance notice is generally provided.
We are an energetic group that makes work FUN! We prioritize professional development, recognition, and well-being. We do this through voluntary diversity, equity and inclusion lunch and learns, required annual professional development goals, employee recognition preference questionnaires, workiversary mile "stones," monthly on-site yoga classes, an annual Health & Wellness Day, and more. In short, we take care of our team, so they can focus on building the next generation of changemakers, community leaders and CEO's.
We provide an exceptional environment and total compensation package that includes professionally decorated Class 'A' office space, a paid summer shut-down the first week in July, a paid winter break, and a four-day workweek; a generous amount of vacation and sick time; heavily employer-subsidized medical and dental insurance; employer-paid Teladoc; and employer-paid employee assistance program access, life and disability insurance. We also offer employees the opportunity to fund through payroll deductions discounts on veterinarian visits, a pre-paid legal plan, additional voluntary life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and vision coverage. Team members also are eligible to participate in a 401k plan with employer match from day one with no vesting period! An additional 401k profit sharing plan is also available after one year of service with a vesting schedule.
As if that's not enough, all team members are invited to join our Equity Team. We are also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer.
How do you apply?
Complete our online application or text 'JOBS' to 386-230-9744.
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Note: This posting may be closed or canceled at any time based on business needs.